The growing complexity of today's physical, virtual and cloud-based datacenters, as well as WAN and mobile infrastructures, is making it increasingly difficult to deliver visibility and correlation across an entire infrastructure of technologies. Splunk software enables you to centrally monitor and analyze performance metrics and events in real time across your physical and virtual environment including, applications, operating systems, storage, and networking infrastructure.
Cisco Networks for Splunk enables centralized visilibity across Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR and NX-OS devices while Cisco ACI and Cisco Nexus 9000 Splunk apps offer a flexible approach to monitoring your Cisco ACI and all other elements of your technology stack.
Splunk Enterprise enables end-to-end visibility and correlation of data from your Cisco networks with applications, storage, operating systems, compute, end points, firewall and other infrastructure elements.
With Splunk you can:
- Monitor and meet critical network SLAs by tracking network data from wireless devices, switches and routers, firewalls, and others, by using SNMP, flow protocols (Netflow, sFlow), syslog, PCAP and API-based transfers
- Proactively identify network security issues and perform trending and forensic analysis. Correlate network data with applications, storage and server analytics to keep your network secure and operational at all times
- Achieve maximum ROI by optimizing your network capacity, identifying latencies, managing bandwidth, and identifying top networking resource consumers and their usage patterns
Out-of-the-box integrations for Cisco networking environments include:
- Cisco Networks for Splunk for centralized visilibty across Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR and NX-OS devices
- Cisco ACI for Splunk Enterprise for real-time and historical dashboards with granular insights into health, inventory and faults across your entire ACI environment.
- Cisco Nexus 9000 for Splunk Enterprise for visibility across a Nexus 9000 environment (in standalone mode) and a mixed ACI and NX-OS environment when deployed with the Cisco ACI app.
Cisco Networks for Splunk supports:
- Cisco Catalyst series switches (2960, 3650, 3750, 4500, 6500, 6800, 7600 etc.)
- Cisco ASR - Aggregation Services Routers (900, 1000, 5000, 9000 etc.)
- Cisco ISR - Integrated Services Routers (800, 1900, 2900, 3900, 4451 etc.)
- Cisco Nexus Data Center switches (1000V, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 9000 etc.)
- Other Cisco IOS based devices (Metro Ethernet, Industrial Ethernet, Blade Switches, Connected Grid etc.)
- Cisco WLC - WLAN Controller
Cisco ACI for Splunk Enterprise features a range of Cisco ACI health and user reports including ...
- At a glance view of all APICs with their uptime, history of overall fabric health score over five days, and summary of physical inventory including spine and leaf elements, and logical/virtual inventory including tenants, applications and VMs
- Help Desk dashboard with context specific faults grouped by acknowledgement status, time, by severity, type, rule, cause and affected objects
- Tenant dashboard with reports highlighting tenant health scores, affected tenants, drilldowns into applications and EPG health scores with visibility into the end-point cause of degradation
- Take advantage of innovative Cisco ACI fabric architecture, which offers flexible multipath functionality including network telemetry with atomic counters, to avoid network outages. Visualize fabric path degradation with insight into actual packet loss across any path and avoid deploying network sniffers for understanding optimal fabric trajectory
- Authentication tracking with eight pre-built reports including successful and failed logins, active and inactive users, user audit and event logs
Cisco Nexus 9000 for Splunk Enterprise for visibility across a Nexus 9000 environment (in standalone mode) to ..
- Track inventory in terms of number of spines and leafs along with line cards, fan trays, power modules, supervisor modules, etc.
- Track power and temperature usage
- Authentication and audit record of configuration changes
- Port performance and switch statistics
|Office Facilities||US & Canada, Asia-Pacific, European Markets, Japan, Emerging markets|
|Support Model||Direct to customer|
|Support Coverage Hours||24x7 Standard business hours, with after hours pager support|
|TAC Support Aliasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Version||Verified Compatible Cisco Product||Date Tested|