Wyse WSM is a Wyse Desktop Virtualization solution. Its core emphasis is on providing users with the same rich full windows 7 experience on a diskless/stateless client desktop. Wyse WSM achieves this through a technology called operating system and application streaming where in the entire desktop is streamed on demand to the end user. The result is a completely stateless end client with all OS, apps and user data delivered to the user on demand, delivering a full rich PC experience that they demand, centrally managed while being completely secure in the datacenter.
Wyse WSM is the first solution to use OS and application streaming to package and deliver the operating system and applications independently of one another to Cloud PC desktops and VDI virtual machines, giving IT administrators the control they need to ensure the consistency of desktop software across the enterprise.
Wyse WSM requires very little datacenter infrastructure, operates standalone, or complements existing presentation and VDI solutions, while dramatically reducing the storage space, IT time and expense of delivering and maintaining desktop software throughout an enterprise. By streaming the operating system and applications independently to a stateless Cloud PC or legacy PC and running them locally in memory, Wyse WSM enables virtually any Windows application to be run on the client just as it would on a traditional PC. Yet all files and applications reside in the private cloud data center, where they are much easier to back up, manage, and maintain.
Because applications are streamed independently of the operating system, Wyse WSM enables standardization of operating system images across the organization and delivers applications based on user roles and responsibilities. Administrators can also easily provision new applications or updates to existing applications without having to modify the operating system image.
Out of the box, Cloud PCs contain no local operating system software on the device, but instead use OS and Application Streaming (OAS) to deliver a true PC experience with cloud computing benefits of centralized storage, control, and simplified OS and application maintenance. The true PC OS and applications are literally delivered in real-time over the LAN from Wyse WSM provisioning software in the datacenter cloud. Wyse Cloud PCs can be provisioned with operating systems and applications compatible with Windows Embedded, Windows XP Professional, Vista, and Windows 7. Some Wyse Cloud PCs come packaged with a Windows 7 license making them Microsoft Software Assurance eligible, streamlining installation, licensing, and updates.
Independent OS and application streaming from the network
- Supports Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Provision the complete operating environment
- Fewer images to manage minimizing upgrade/migration challenges
Runs like a PC
- 100% application, peripheral and multimedia support
- Supports Flash, Quicktime and Windows Media files
- Disconnected "Cruiser" mode delivers the freedom to continue working while disconnected from the network, with the full confidence that their devices will synchronize their OS, applications and data once they reconnect
- No local storage, Cloud PCs are useless if stolen
- Used by many Government Agencies globally
- OSs can be reset to default on every reboot or personalized with persistent settings
- Built-in high availability and load balancing
- HTTPS-based inter-site communication
- 1-Click device recovery and clean-up
- Centralized Web-based administration console
- Features application metering for reduced licensing costs
- Integrates with Active Directory for devices, users and groups
- Streamlined installation, licensing, and updates with selected Wyse Cloud PCs models packaged with a Windows 7 license, and Microsoft Software Assurance eligibility
- Distributed architecture with multiple server support
- Built-in Server Higher Availability
- Consumes significantly less server resources compared to other virtualization solutions
- Wyse WSM integrates with VMware vSphere
|Office Facilities||Asia-Pacific,European markets,Japan,Emerging markets,US & Canada|
|Support Model||Direct to customer|
|Support Coverage Hours||24x7 Standard business hours, with after hours pager support|
|TAC Support Alias||N/A|
|Version||Verified Compatible Cisco Product||Date Tested|
No reviews yet.