Asigra Cloud Backup™ is an enterprise-class backup and recovery software solution that provides a single, integrated approach to data protection. Its complete range of tools and capabilities ensure you can securely protect more data while using less network and storage resources, without having to deploy multiple point solutions.
Asigra Cloud Backup works in conjunction with Cisco ISR-G2 and UCS-E Series.
Designed for efficient performance, Asigra Cloud Backup is an agentless software solution equipped with:
Global de-duplication and data compression technology
NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security
Deployed as a Public, Private or Hybrid Cloud architecture
Validation Restore Capabilities
Data Recoverability within Service Level Agreement Expectations
Asigra Cloud Backup is comprised of two major components:
1. The Clients offered by Asigra include:
• DS-Client – installed at the end customer’s premises where data needs to be protected. The DS-Client is the collector of the data from all machines, drives, applications and systems on the end customers LAN. The DS-Client software is agentless - it does not need to be installed on every machine it backs up. It can run on a dedicated DS-Client machine or on an existing machine on the LAN that it needs to backup. One DS-Client is sufficient to collect and backup all the data from all the servers, desktops, laptops, network or local drives, structured applications and raw files on the entire LAN. It is designed to accommodate a range of heterogeneous network backup requirements and transmits data securely to the DS-System onsite or offsite over the Wide Area Network (WAN).
• DS-Mobile Client – installed on the remote laptop, it sends backed up data to the DS-System at the Service Provider’s (SP’s) or private cloud data center. The DS-Mobile Client collects data from the remote laptop it resides on as well as any other devices that reside on the same LAN. The collected data is then transmitted securely to the DS-System residing in the datacenter. The DS-Mobile Client software is light footprint.
• DS-Consumer Client – installed on the consumer desktop or laptop. The DS-Consumer Client collects data from the consumer desktop or laptop and sends it to the DS-System at the Service Provider’s (SP’s) data center.
• DS-SmartPhone Client – installed on the smart phone. The DS-SmartPhone Client collects data from the smart phone and sends it to the DS-System at the Service Provider’s (SP’s) or private cloud data center. The DS-SmartPhone Client for Apple iOS can be downloaded from Apple App Store. The DS-SmartPhone Client for Google Android can be downloaded from Android Market or Amazon Appstore.
• DS-Tablet Client – installed on the tablet. The DS-Tablet Client collects data from the tablet and sends it to the DS-System at the Service Provider’s (SP’s) or private cloud data center.
2. The DS-System, installed at the Enterprise or MSP’s data center or core of the cloud. The DS-System is the data aggregator. It receives data from all remote DS-Clients.
• DS-System software maintains, manages and validates the online storage repository where the backed up data transmitted by the DS-Clients is saved. Depending on the DS-System license, a DS-System may be used to provide backup/restore services to one or more DS-Clients under the same accounts or under different accounts. The DS-System is typically located in a secure offsite hosting facility.
• Mobile DS-System software maintains, manages and validates the online storage repository where the backed up data transmitted by the DS- Mobile Clients residing on remote laptops in the field, DS-Tablet Clients or the DS-SmartPhone Clients is saved. The Mobile DS-System is typically located in a secure offsite hosting facility.
• Consumer DS-System software maintains, manages and validates the online storage repository where the backed up data transmitted by the DS-Consumer Clients, DS-Tablet Clients and DS-Smartphone Clients is saved. Consumer DS-System may be used to provide backup/restore services to one or more DS- Consumer Clients under the same accounts or under different accounts.
Modules are additional software functionality that augment the core backup/restore capability of the DS-Client and DS-System.
Asigra does not require any agents to be installed for each machine or application that needs to be protected, instead it reaches out over the network to back up operating systems, file systems, and applications, using industry standard programming interfaces. Agents pose a major security risk because they require an open port on the firewall.
- Multi-Site License (Capacity-based)
- Add servers, applications, databases on the fly
- Zero touch silent upgrades
- Client software can be Mass Deployed to unlimited number of sites within minutes
- Non-application disruptive – version upgrades are silent and do not require a reboot
|Office Facilities||US & Canada|
|Support Model||Direct to customer|
|Support Coverage Hours||Standard business hours|
|TAC Support Alias||N/A|
|Version||Verified Compatible Cisco Product||Date Tested|
|12||Cisco Cloud Connector
The Cisco Compatible logo is used to signify that the PARTNER product has undergone technical interoperability testing with the Cisco product specified. The interoperability testing is conducted by a third party laboratory based on testing criteria set forth by Cisco. PARTNER is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Placement of the PARTNER product or information pertaining thereto, on the Cisco Marketplace website does not constitute an offer to sell the PARTNER product in any way. For further information on the PARTNER products, please visit the PARTNER company website.
No reviews yet.