Panzura’s Global Cloud Storage System enables enterprise-class cloud storage with NAS-like functionality for a globally-distributed workforce. This storage system is comprised of three seamlessly integrated parts: The Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controller, the Panzura OS, and the Panzura CloudFS file system. Together they enable true global file sharing and project collaboration, active archiving of infrequently used files, and backup of structured data sets like databases and Exchange files.
The Panzura Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controller is an on-premise appliance that acts as the interface to the global file system. Available in both virtual and physical form factors, the Cloud Storage Controller can be deployed as a single instance or as a cluster to provide custom levels of local capacity and performance.
The appliance is available in VMware ESX virtual, 1U, and 2U form factors. In addition, expansion shelves are available to scale local capacity as needed, providing up to one-third PB per controller of local storage.
Controllers come in a variety of internal configurations to suit different use cases. A mix of HDDs (for capacity) and SSDs (for performance) are available, and local data is protected with RAID-5 or RAID-6+ drive configurations. For connectivity, 1Gbps ports are standard with 10 Gbps speeds available as an option. Redundant hardware systems and hot-swappable drives ensure uninterrupted operation.
Should a controller be lost, all other controllers still have access to the files the failed controller owned. In addition, the failed controller’s data can be rebuilt on a replacement virtual or physical controller from data stored in the cloud for rapid recovery.
- Performance Scaling ensures that if performance requirements grow beyond the capabilities of a single Cloud Storage Controller, the Panzura OS facilitates easy performance scaling through additional controllers that join the existing global file system. No matter which Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controller a host connects to, the same data is available. The system inherently scales-out and is balanced.
- Autosupport allows the Panzura OS to monitor the health of each Cloud Storage Controller and automatically notify Panzura support if any hardware component failures occur. Panzura is able to proactively respond with replacements, often before you even notice the issue.
- Military-grade encryption ensures that data is protected from theft of enterprise data outside the enterprise firewall. Layered on top of data security measures taken by cloud storage providers, Panzura’s encrypts data at rest with AES-256-CBC and data in motion with SSL v3.1 so any successful infiltration will result in useless data for the thief. This multi-layered data security structure can result in data in the cloud being more secure than data within corporate firewalls. In addition, the OS uses your organization’s X.509 certificate (up to 4096 bits) to establish a secure network both between Cloud Storage Controllers, as well as between the controllers and your core data repository (private or public cloud).
- Global deduplication is finally achieved with Panzura. Files are deduplicated in-line across locations, ensuring that only unique files are ever stored in the cloud. In addition, deduplication tables are also stored in the cloud, so if a site ever has to recover from a disaster, all deduplication references are preserved and available to the recovery site.
- Cloud API integration dramatically simplifies deploying the cloud as another storage tier. The Panzura OS has built-in, full-tested support for all major cloud storage providers and has the ability to add support for new APIs as the market demands. The user simply selects a cloud storage provider from a drop-down menu, enters cloud account credentials, and can begin storing data in the cloud.
- Application integration is also critical for a cloud storage solution. The Panzura OS supports both CIFS and NFS protocols, enabling any application supporting either of these protocols to interface easily with the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System. This simplifies integration and deployment since no changes are needed to existing infrastructures. Simply point applications to a Cloud Storage Controller and gain the benefits of this seamless, cloud-integrated global file system.
- Panzura allows for pinning of files to local controllers in order to satisfy this need where necessary. Each controller has a built in Intelligent Read Cache that is used to store local copies of warm data to improve performance and buffer against variations in cloud connectivity. By pinning documents to this cache, local copies will always be available.
- Panzura leverages parallel I/O connectivity to the cloud, breaking data up into small drive files that get sent over multiple I/O connections to be stored as object in the cloud. This big-pipe connectivity maximizes bandwidth usage for optimum performance while throttling capability lets IT administrators manage the amount of WAN bandwidth used by Panzura controllers during times of heavy network demands.
|Office Facilities||Asia-Pacific,European markets,US & Canada|
|Support Model||Direct through third party or partner,Direct to customer|
|Support Coverage Hours||24x7 Standard business hours, with after hours pager support|
|TAC Hotline||855 726 9872|
|TAC Support Aliasemail@example.com|
|Version||Verified Compatible Cisco Product||Date Tested|
|v5.0||Cisco Cloud Connector
The Cisco Compatible logo is used to signify that the PARTNER product has undergone technical interoperability testing with the Cisco product specified. The interoperability testing is conducted by a third party laboratory based on testing criteria set forth by Cisco. PARTNER is solely responsible for the support and warranty of its product. Placement of the PARTNER product or information pertaining thereto, on the Cisco Marketplace website does not constitute an offer to sell the PARTNER product in any way. For further information on the PARTNER products, please visit the PARTNER company website.
No reviews yet.